In order to password protect a directory in DirectAdmin:
- Login to DirectAdmin
- Under Advanced Features, click on the Password Protected Directories link.
- Click the 'Find a Directory to Password Protect'
- Choose the directory that you want to protect while assigning the password for it. If the folder can be protected, click on the Protect link that is located at the side of the directory you have chosen,
- Then you have to enter the username, password and re-enter the password.
- To save, click on the Protect button.